Monday, April 16, 2007

Underhanded Underwood

I just watched Carrie Underwood sing her song "Before he Cheats" in silver hot pants and stiletto fuck-me pumps on the CMT Awards show thing. This is a sample of the lyrics:
I dug my key into the side of his pretty little suped up 4 wheel drive,
carved my name into his leather seats.
I took a Louisville Slugger to both head lights,
slashed a hole in all 4 tires.
maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.
What kind of message does this send to our impressionable young people? Seriously! This is just ridiculous. That is a stupid reaction to a lover's spat. A grossly misguided account of property destruction over the loss of a boyfriend. Everyone knows that a scorned woman uses a Louisville Slugger on the windows, not just the headlights.

Plus, who in his right mind would cheat on Carrie Underwood.

2 Comments:

At 10:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great "fuck you" song, but you sure know how to improve it. And yeah, anyone who's dumb enough to cheat on Carrie Underwood pretty much deserves what he gets.

 
At 11:42 AM , Blogger lcreekmo said...

I have always had trouble with this song, because I agree, it sure seems like overkill. However, I can't argue with the fact that it's a damn good song. I wouldn't advocate the actions, but it speaks so powerfully. And she's the perfect person to sing it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home