Monday, April 02, 2007

Call For Class Action Suit

There is an article in the Tennessean regarding the non-passage of the loosening of the liquor laws in Tennessee. Once again, "show me the money" seems to be the reasoning behind another ridiculous set of laws.

I know that alcohol is regulated by the states. I also know that this is a big issue in a lot of states. I also think that banning sales of a perfectly legal product on Sunday seems arbitrary and unconstitutional to me. I haven't done any research on the subject, does anyone know if lawsuits have ever been filed anywhere to challenge the legality of such laws? If not, let's get one going. If I am going to leave a legacy for my grandkids, I'd love for it to be the opportunity to buy a handle of Evan Williams on Sunday and get smashed in front of NASCAR on the TV.

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM , Blogger Exador said...

In Georgia, they have successfully killed it for another year. MY state senator [fucker, that he is] moved the bill into committe "to study the fairness of alcohol sales in a free market". What a load of crap.
It languished in committee until some deadline for new legislation passed. Now it won't be brought to the floor for a vote this year.

And I will be voting democrat for the first time, just to vote against this biblethumping fuckwad.

I have printed the fliers that I will be spreading all over his district, come election time, to remind everyone of his record.

My district is pretty solidly unevolved churchgoing familyfolk republicans, who would vote for Stalin if he said he opposed abortion, so I doubt it will do much good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home