Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Lumbering Fat Guy seen in South Nashville

I've always been a runner, well, off and on, anyway. When I was travelling all the time, I used to run as a sightseeing adventure. I once went running on a deserted beach in Brunei, which I thought was pretty cool. However, I happened to be there on the one day a year that the Sultan of Brunei, the richest man in the world, allows people to come and tour the palace. I ran on the beach instead of going to see the most magnificant palace in the world. The beach was deserted. Because everyone was at the palace. I chose unwisely.

I started a business last spring, and I haven't run at all, because all I do is work. Well, lo and behold, I am bigger than I have ever been in my life. I'm physically uncomfortable. So I decided to do something about it, and this morning I got up early and went for a run. It was a pathetic 20 minutes of misery. But that's OK. I know from experience that a long layoff only takes a week or two to recover from, and I'll be putting in four to six miles a pop in no time.

Except now my foot hurts. Really bad. It's the instep of my left foot. I tore it up. So I prayed about it. God said he wants me to be fat.

What a relief.

2 Comments:

At 10:54 PM , Blogger chez bez said...

Created in Buddha's immage, huh?

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I never knew prayer could be so convenient. Maybe I'll change my heathen ways after all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home