Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Dumb Dems

Dear Democrats,
I know it is very early, but come on. You are heading into an election following the biggest presidental disaster since, I don't know, the Teapot Dome Scandal. The Republicans look like bumbling idiots right now. And you are trotting out Hillary and Obama and Edwards? Give me a break. You think Joe or LuAnn Sixpack are going to vote for any of those people. Clinton can't decide what she believes in. Edwards is the slickest political focus-group double-talking wet dream to come along in a long time. He's the kind of politician who uses the word "folks" because it makes him sound folksy. And Obama has been in the Senate or House or whatever he is in for, what, two weeks? Don't you people have someone, anyone, who exudes even a little authority and leadership. You better find a Governor somewhere or get that Murtha guy interested, because it isn't going to be pretty. I'll tell you why.

The Republicans are going to put Guiliani in there. And the problem the pundits say he has is his messy divorce. So someone is going to ask him about his messy divorce and he's going to look into the camera and say, "I had a messy divorce. It's my personal business. Next question." Because he's got the balls to do that. He knows he doesn't have to take that focus-group mortal-fear-of-misspeaking crap to the people. And he's fiscally conservative and socially moderate and he doesn't have some whacked out religious agenda. And when it gets to the end, they're going to roll out the biggest media buy of the century and everywhere you look you are going to see commercials of Rudy marching around New York on 9/12, barking orders and taking names. And the Sixpack family will say things like, "If he was in charge during Katrina, I bet things would have turned out a lot differently. He kicks ass."

So Democrats, you better find somebody who kicks ass, or you got no shot.

7 Comments:

At 2:58 PM , Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

I agree. Hilary is never, ever going to fly with Middle America, Obama might someday, but he just doesn't have the experience, and we won't talk about Edwards at all, tyvm.

We really, really need to get us someone that will appeal to Middle America, or we're screwed.

 
At 7:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with ya, pally. I think him being up front about the messy divocre and stuff could help him in the long run. How many of us have been divorced? Lots of us. The relatability factor there....Reagan was divorced and had kids who weren't close to him. Reality calls. I think Rudy's got a shot at winning.

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Ginger said...

Great post. I really respect people who will just be real about their weaknesses and not try to hide behind a PR campaign. Rudy appeals to me for that reason, as well as the fact that his policies are very in line with my own. I was an Obama fan, but I'm really taking a look at Rudy now.

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger chez bez said...

Rudy could quite easily be my first Republican vote.

What am I? Over 30 or something?

 
At 1:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rudy wlll bring a lot of Libertarians that left when the Fundies took over back to the Republican Party.

 
At 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am becoming more and more convinced that Richardson is the droid the democrats are looking for. I just hope they figure that out in time, and I don't have much faith that they will.

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger Glen said...

Good post. You are right, by the way. The ticket to victory for the Dems is a governor from a red state. Richardson's your man.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home