Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Sucker!

My kid sucks her thumb. She's six. I don't like it. The practice has lessened over the years, but there are two times I can count on it happening, in the car, and going to sleep.

Yesterday, we were driving slowly in rush hour traffic on the interstate, having a nice conversation. We finished talking, and all went quiet. I knew she had stuck her thumb in her mouth. I turned to look, because I was thinking about having another "discussion" about it. As I swiveled my head around, I noticed a woman in the next lane over, probably in her thirties, driving along with her right hand and sucking her left thumb.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

2 Comments:

At 11:28 PM , Blogger Moose said...

As much as it sucks you'll likely have to deal with it for a while. Especialy if her mother isn't trying to stop it as well.

My oldest did it alot as a kid, but started lessening it as he got in school. It stopped completly when he grew out of it, not when I told him to stop it all the time.

It's either that or smear her hands in habinero juice on a daily basis.

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger Plimco said...

I sucked my thumb until 8th grade and I turned out all right. Well. Aside from that pesky obsession with sucking dick all the time...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home