Friday, March 24, 2006

The Lost City

I remember as Katrina was bearing down on New Orleans, a talking head on CNN asked a weather expert "Is it possible that we are going to lose a city?" With all the gloom and doom talk I've heard in my life over everything from the Rapture to Sars, I thought it was just another case of Overblown News Anchor Hystrionics. Well, my friend CeeElCee went to New Orleans, and he gives a pretty sobering first person account of the situation there.

Galveston used to be a major city until a hurricane, which spurred the growth of Houston. Could the same thing have happened to New Orleans?

1 Comments:

At 2:48 PM , Blogger ceeelcee said...

Thanks for the link, Knucklehead. My sitemeter runneth over.

CeeElCee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home