Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Gay couple redux

Well, Brittney over at Nashville is Talking linked to my little throwaway post about whether gay guys get mad when they catch each other checking other men out. The first comment asked Why would this be any different for people in a homosexual relationship than in a heterosexual relationship? Which started a mini brouhaha, I suppose because I dared to suggest that gay couples might act differently than heterosexual couples.

Well, maybe they act the same in splitting up the chores and walking the dog and dealing with finances, but there is one place where there is a fundamental difference. That would be the sex and the feelings and emotions that go along with it. They're both men. So the answer to why would it be different than a heterosexual couple? is this: Because they are both attracted to men. That is a huge fucking difference.

I have never in my life noticed a woman that I was with checking out another man while in my company. Am I so arrogant to think that it has never happened? Of course not. I'm just too stupid. I don't find men the slightest bit attractive. I have no idea what a "hot guy" looks like. None. So, since I don't know what a "hot guy" looks like, I have no catalyst for jealousy or suspicion.

A woman, on the other hand, is all too familiar with what makes a for good-looking woman, and if there is one within 100 yards, she will often be watching out of the corner of her eyes to check her man's reaction. So I would think gay guys are the same way. They know what a "hot guy" is, and they know their partner is attracted to the same thing. So it is a legitimate question. It is also a stupid, tounge-in-cheek question I posted to get over a mild case of writer's block. Truth is, I really don't give a shit.

I can't believe I had to explain that.

1 Comments:

At 6:21 PM , Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Man, you got in the poop (no pun really) with the quickie post of the gay question. Good work! I love to come to see Nashville Knucklehead ask an honest question. Gay perspectives are really hard for hetros to get, just as it is hard to understand how women think if you are a man. I am starting to care less too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home