Monday, March 06, 2006

Disgusting Story of the Day

My last post about working at the theatre in Florida reminded me of one of the most distrubing images I have ever encountered.

Carol Channing was in the audience one night. A sweet little box-office girl recounted this experience at a staff meeting. She wasn't the type of girl to make this kind of thing up.

She was in the bathroom at intermission, and from the stall next to her she heard, in Carol Channing's very distinctive voice, "Corn! I don't remember eatin' any corn!"

7 Comments:

At 6:54 PM , Blogger Newscoma said...

Best. Story. Ever.

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger ceeelcee said...

Even having heard you tell that story before, I am still truly "distrubed."

 
At 4:44 AM , Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

That is one crappy story! I laughed till I pooped a little myself!

 
At 7:59 AM , Blogger Phain said...

ummmm...eww

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Plimco said...

Whoah. I'm jealous of the sweet little box office girl. Not only did she get to overhear that classic moment of bathroom wonder and discovery, but she ALSO got to SMELL Carol Channing's poo. Wow. Not many can boast of this...

 
At 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Carol Channing dies, you must make the Corn Quote the title of the obituary.

That should be on her headstone.

 
At 5:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is completely off the subject but have to ask, Had any good lunches lately?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home