Tuesday, June 12, 2007

They're dead, Jim!

I have a koi pond in my yard. Yesterday, I was greeted with four koi corpses floating upside-down in the pond.

I'm not going to speculate on what did them in, but the smart money would land on owner neglect. Well, not neglect really, just an attempt to save electricity by turning off the pump. Several days ago. And forgetting about it.

In any case, the carcasses had to be removed and disposed of in some manner. These things aren't Nemo, they're way to big to flush. So I did the calendar math. I take the trash out on Wednesday night. It was Monday morning. Surely dead fish won't start to stink in two days? In a trash bag in an enclosed plastic container? In 90 degree weather?

I was right. It only takes one day.

Anyone want to come by for a cookout? Fish tacos on the grill!

1 Comments:

At 9:58 AM , Blogger Newscoma said...

I blame turtles.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home