Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Charles Nelson Reilly

Charles Nelson Reilly died last week. He had a one-man show called "Save it for the Stage: The Life of Reilly." That show premiered at the theatre I did the marketing for in Florida. I did all the original photography and advertising and press for that show. I got to know Charles fairly well during that time. I found out that he was way more than just "that game show guy."

His show evolved into an independent film. I don't know if it has ever been distributed. But I like the narrator's take in the clip here. He says he went in to the movie "expecting to hate it, yet I could not stop watching." (Warning: the clip is ten minutes long.)

Charles was a fascinating man. Noted opera expert. Esteemed acting teacher. Tony-award winning stage actor. Voice of countless cartoon characters. And game show guy.

I enjoyed knowing him. He was always gracious and friendly and would send me thank-you notes from L.A. and tell me I was the best photographer ever,and would always end our phone conversations with, "I love you!" (Not that I'm gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

If the movie ever gets distributed, trust me, get it.

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

I loved him on Match Game. I'll be sure to keep my eyes out for an viewing opportunity.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home