Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Wheelsurfin' U.S.A.

Take a nutty Brazilian inventor, send him to the Netherlands and what do you get? The coolest, wackiest personal transportation device ever. Forget about the Segway, the biggest yawn in the history of over-hyped inventions. The Wheelsurf is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen. Anything that is "powered by a chainsaw engine" is going to get my attention. So I went to check it out, and admittedly, I was decidedly not blown away by the picture. But click on the gallery and watch the movie. That's where the Wheelsurf sells itself. Pure cinematic genius. The best part is when the Wheelsurf guy gets out and lets the Wheelsurf go, and proceeds to chase the runaway Wheelsurf down the beach.

Someone with an entreprenurial spirit and more money than sense is going to get the exclusive American import rights to the Wheelsurf. I can picture a stable of Wheelsurfs for rent by the hour at every tourist destination in America, right next to the scooters and banana boat rides.

Picture if you will, Sarcastro and Aunt B. Wheelsurfing leisurely down the beach in Panama City, loudly arguing the benefits of using tax money for Government entitlement programs to help single mothers.

3 Comments:

At 8:52 AM , Blogger Aunt B said...

Isn't there a South Park episode where Mr. Garrison drives one of these around?

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger ceeelcee said...

I recall thirty years ago in Panama City Beach where anybody could rent a 50 cc mini bike and take 10 laps around a sand track with jumps and dunes for $2.00.

"You ever ride one of these, little man?"

"No sir."

"Well raise hell, little dude!"

One minute later I discovered that those little sawed in half tires lining the track collapsed like a wet noodle when you ran over them at 30 mph. I found myself fifty feet into the scrub bushes which had closed back behind me, leaving me crying on a broken minibike with bloody scratches and scrapes covering my legs and torso.

Maybe I shouldn't have been riding wearing shorts, flip flops, no shirt and no helmet.

 
At 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has to be better than the airlines...

And as long as the government keeps sending me the single mothers and their checks, nobody gets hurt.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home