Friday, July 07, 2006

Sucking and Blowing

I mentioned both cleaning and the bathroom in my pool house yesterday. While it is enclosed, it is also sort of an outdoor bathroom. Let's just say it ain't climate controlled. So it was full of leaves the otherday, and I cleaned it with a leaf blower.

I have a bathroom that I can clean with a leaf blower. That rocks.

So, since I was on a roll, I decided to take on my fish pond. The previous owner left me a fairly large koi pond, and it has gotten so dirty that the filter can't keep up. The water isn't murky, but there is a lot of built up sediment that has settled onto the liner on the bottom and sides, and it clogs the filter, which used to be cleaned every other month, every week or so. Cleaning that thing is a bitch. The previous owner left a couple of kiddie pools, which he said he used for temporary fish housing when the pond needed to be drained and cleaned. Well, first of all, the fish have had a couple of litters since he moved, and I would have to wrangle about 30 fish into the kiddie pool. Secondly, he owns a pool business, and is quite proud of the fact that he has a large crew of, uh, Latino workers who make six bucks an hour. I doubt he did anything other than point and say "Clean."

So I got out the Shop Vac. I cleaned the bathroom with a leaf blower and the fish pond with a shop vac. That is bachelor heaven.

2 Comments:

At 11:35 AM , Blogger Newscoma said...

You have a dream life, dear Knuck.

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger Pee Wee said...

HAHAHA!
I love that shit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home