Monday, June 19, 2006

Variations on a Squidward Theme

As my five-year-old girl and I lay in bed yesterday morning, staring at the ceiling, we started doing variations on her favorite impression, Squidward.

She: (Holding her nose) "Keep it down Spongebob, I'm trying to be boring."

Me: (Proper British) Keep it down Spongebob, I'm trying to be boring."

Jump about 10 versions

She: "Keep it down Spongebob, I'm trying to be fuckin' boring."

Me: "What did you say?"

She: "I said, 'Keep it down Spongebob, I'm trying to be fuckin' boring.'"

Me: "That's a grownup word, that's a terrible word to say. You shouldn't use that word."

She: "I thought it meant 'jamming.'"

Me: "Did you say FUNK-ing?"

She: "Yeah."

Me: "Oh, OK."

3 Comments:

At 8:44 PM , Blogger bridgett said...

Freakin' is our problem word. This really is a case of "When Euphemisms Go Bad."

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just before my two year old had tubes installed, he would run up to my husband with his favorite book (about trucks) shouting, "Dumbfuck Daddy! Dumbfuck Daddy!"

Is here where I should 'fess up to repeatedly handing him the book and telling him to ask daddy to read to him?

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger KellyKline said...

When I was a kid, anytime a firetruck would drive by, my little brother would yell "Firefuck!" at the top of his lungs.

I've had problems with my own kids ... my oldest really did learn the "f" word one day at the gas station. He was 18 months old and we were at the Harding Place exit off of I-65 in Nashville. Apparently that word's used a lot at that gas station. He yelled it at the top of his lungs as we went driving down I-65. I almost wrecked.

And then child number 3 said, "What the hell is that?" a lot, and used the words damn and dammit very well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home