Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I am king of the world!

In that four things thing I did for Ivy, I mentioned that I was a cruise ship musician. I did it for several years in the early and mid 90s. When I committed to my first long contract, I had sold most everything I had, put the rest in storage, including my car, and flew to San Juan for a six-month adventure. I was a little worried about whether I had made the right decision. Then, on one of the first nights out, I found myself down on what we called "rope deck" at about 3 in the morning. It was a crew-only deck, full of huge coils of ropes, winches and other machinery, I was all the way out at the front of the bow (where DiCaprio did his "king of the world" thing several years later). It had been formal night, I was still in my tux. I was rendered quite comfortable by a few of the 50 cent Heinekens available in the crew bar. It was 75 degrees. The full moon was shining off the blue Carribean water, which was smooth as glass. We were 5 hours outside of Aruba. A feeling of calm came over me. I reflected on my life to that point, and where I was going. I was pretty sure I had made the right decision. Then, when I looked down and saw that one of the hot dancers from the show had my penis in her mouth, I knew I had made the right decision.

Take that, Leonardo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home