Monday, November 06, 2006

Musical Mind Mash Up

As a recovering professional musician, I have been exposed to lots of different music in my life of every variety you can think of. There is always some kind of song going on in my brain, and a word or phrase, either spoken or thought, can trigger a song I haven't heard in years. Oftentimes, I have no idea why a particular song was triggered, and that song my get on heavy rotation for days or even weeks.

Then there are the mashups, where my brain combines a couple of songs in odd or interesting ways. There have been two interesting mashups going on the past few days. One is Corey Hart's "Sunglasses at Night" combining with Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach."
I wear my sunglasses at night
So, I can, So I can,
'Cause I'm keepin' my baby.


Imagine that infinite loop in your head for hours, only to be replaced with that classic ode to a rat "Ben" by a very young Michael Jackson, but with the words to "Green Acres."

If you know the melody to "Ben", you'll see how nicely
Green Acres is the place to be,
Farm Living is the life for me

fits.

I don't do this shit on purpose.

You wouldn't last a day in my head.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM , Blogger Lynnster said...

Ack. I wonder how many days it's going to take me to get "BenAcres" out of my head now... grrr. The mashup's cool tho.

I usually just get ridiculous earworms that won't go away for a while. Sometimes they're half decent ones - Foghat for a few weeks was OK - but usually they're absolutely ridiculous. I walked around once for literally weeks humming & whistling something before it finally dawned on me what it was - "Rock & Roll Love Letter" by the Bay City Rollers. Yep.

I'm not sure the "BenAcres" isn't worse tho. Dang it. I'll pay you back someday for this...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home