Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?

The Republicans are giving us the biennual "sky-will-be-falling" routine we get every other year from the team that is losing. Elect the Democrats, and we'll all go to hell in a handbasket. Taxes will go through the roof. The economy will fall apart. Dogs will start sleeping with cats.

Like you guys have done such a bang-up job with your six years.

So, from what I can tell, the main things the Democrats want to:
1) Repeal the tax cuts for the "rich."

Whatever. I don't like it, I don't like any taxes, but I have no strong opinion on that.

and

B) Raise the minimum wage.

This one I do have a strong opinion on. People wail about how the "Man" is keeping minimum wage workers down, and how we need to make the "Man" pay them more and how someone with a family of four making minimum wage is below the poverty line.

Well no shit. Of course they're below the poverty line. They make minimum wage. Have you ever seen a minimum wage worker working, say at a fast food restaurant? They don't even deserve the 5 or 6 bucks an hour they are getting now. It is unbelieveable how slow those people can move. It is unbelievable how little they care about customers or their job. It is unbelieveable the attitude they have.

Now don't feed me your "Wal Mart makes people work off the clock" crap. That's obviously wrong. But the government telling me how much I need to pay my workers to slop beans on a plate? That's just wrong too.

(Disclosure: I pay everyone who works for me well over the minimum wage. And they are doing minimum wage jobs.)

Where were these minimum wage people when Charles Darwin landed on Plymouth Rock? Give me capitalism or give me death!

Oh, yeah. It's not like Bush is going anywhere for a couple more years. He can veto anything the Democrats try to do anyway. Ahh, big government. Put that in your handbasket and smoke it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home