Monday, October 16, 2006

Knuck, the Media Whore

I've mentioned several times that I don't really like to get all political here. (OK, the occasional Bush bashing is just too easy). So I got an email yesterday from a lady at National Public Radio. She wants to interview me. About the Ford/Corker race. She said that when they do regional stories, they go to area bloggers to find people to interview, and she liked my blog.

(As many of you know, once my mother started reading this, it became a lot more tame. I wonder if she would have wanted to interview that Nashville Knucklehead.)

So my initial reaction was to do a bunch of research. I don't know a whole lot about those guys. I vote the same way I took tests in school. At the last minute, I study up on the candidates and issues, and decide. I'm independent, and I take each race or issue on its own merit, or lack of merit.

But I decided not to do a bunch of research. I'm assuming she wants a real "man on the street" interview. So I know what I know.

But this is the best part. There are so many bloggers in this area who study and nit-pick and live and breathe politics. Most political bloggers use their real names. This email from the mighty NPR requesting an interview regarding one of the hottest races in politics this year, started thusly:

"Dear Nashville Knucklehead"

beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home