Wednesday, May 31, 2006

V.O. Artist

I've always thought my secret calling that I never pursued should have been that of a voice-over artist. I can do a lot of different accents and some obscure impressions. I do Tutter from "Bear in the Big Blue House" for my kid. I do flaming gay really well, and I can bring people to tears of laughter when I sing "I've got me a Chrysler it's as big as a whale," from Love Shack. My favorite obscure impression is gap-toothed deceased British character actor Terry Thomas. I thought of him today, because I had to email Sarcastro yesterday about something, and his address is "underabigw," which I've been saying over and over to myself today in the voice of Jimmy Durante.

If you have any idea what I'm talking about, you are probably at least in your mid thirties.

BTW, I don't do any of these voices on command, so don't ask. I have to be in the mood, which usually requires alcohol.

9 Comments:

At 12:38 PM , Blogger Plimco said...

I've been stuck in Woody Allen mode lately myself...

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger Busy Mom said...

What about Grandma Flutter?

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger ceeelcee said...

Here's something I bet you didn;t know about Terry Thomas:

http://www.gentili.net/signs/23.htm

He has a disorder named after him.

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger Sharon Collie said...

I do a great Brooklyn accent and I have quite a gift of mimicry. I've been into something of a Terry Thomas mode myself lately...or maybe it's Audrey Hepburn from "My Fair Lady" singing "Awwwwl eye wawnt is a rawm sum-waaaaah fawwwr away frum tha cowld night aaaaah."

If I ever go to England, I'll come back to the US talking just like them.

 
At 5:47 AM , Blogger Newscoma said...

At least your not doing Jack Benny, because people who do Jack Benny sort of creep me out.

 
At 9:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I tell you I do a great drunk Jimmy Durante?

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger Lee said...

As a kid, I did a great Crocodile Dundee. Or at least I think I did, my fellow fifth graders were easily impressed.

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Newscoma said...

As I come back to this two days later I had a thought.
Have you ever met anyone who couldn't do Ethel Merman?

 
At 7:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

as I come back to this however many days later and add and Julie Andrews?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home