Thursday, May 25, 2006

CASH

My kid goes to a tiny little school. There are only about twenty kids in the whole place. It turns out that her best friend at school is Johnny and June Carter's granddaughter. I only know because I recognized her dad when we met at the Christmas pageant. I never really thought twice about it.

But lately, my kid has been into rock stars. She asked me if I used to be a rock star. I said yes. (OK, it was stardom on a very local level). So I told her that her friend's grandad was a huge star and that I used to watch him on TV when I was growing up and that there was a movie out about him that came out after he died.

She said, "He died?"

I said, "Yeah, a couple of years ago."

She said, "Do you think she misses him?"

I don't know why that struck a chord with me. It's just a five-year-old's way of thinking. All that talk about his fame, and all she wanted to know was if I thought her friend missed her grandad.

3 Comments:

At 11:19 PM , Blogger -tnchick- said...

She's one smart cookie!

 
At 11:45 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

She's a good one. You should keep her.

Isn't it simply wonderful how perfectly they can put things into perspective for us?

I only wish I was as wise as my Boy. Sounds like he and Lil' Knuck would have a lot to talk about.

Best,
Ryan

 
At 11:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I miss mine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home