Saturday, April 08, 2006

Yes, it can happen to you

My girlfriend is from Dyersburg. Last week's tornado flattened her Aunt and Uncle's house, as well as the houses of several second and third cousins. No one in her family was hurt, but her mom knew several people who were killed. Yesterday, I was caught up in the middle of the Gallatin tornado. I still don't know if my kid's mom has a house left. Last night, as I was going to bed, the folks on CNN announced a warning of a rotating wall cloud in Alabama, and gave the exact intersection of my kid's grandparents (my ex-in-laws.) I don't know what happened there, either.

I'm thinking the guys who move to Utah and collect guns and wives aren't so nutty after all.

3 Comments:

At 6:16 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

Any word yet?

 
At 11:31 PM , Blogger -tnchick- said...

I hope everyone is safe. I knew one person killed in the twister, who was at the store across from Vol State. My Aunt is a teacher there at Vol State and I have family where the twisters touched down (Gallatin). I'm out of the city limits so didn't get any twisters, just hail. My brother and other family in Galltain are still without power. Prayers for all.

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger Nashville Knucklehead said...

Everyone I know is OK.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home