Saturday, December 24, 2005

Power, Politics and 100 Oaks

I've got to make a last minute shopping run to CompUSA in 100 Oaks. This comes from the "I read it somewhere so it must be true" file.

Apparently, when I-65 was built, Mayor Fulton had a financial stake in the construction and ownership of Rivergate Mall, and he managed to sucessfully block the building of an exit from the Interstate to Thompson Lane so that it would be a pain in the ass to get to 100 Oaks.

Congratulations, Mr. Mayor, it worked! Here it is, 35 years later, and the whole Berry Hill/Thompson Lane/100 Oaks/I-65/Franklin Road situation is certainly a pain in the ass.

I don't really know anything about Mayor Fulton. If you know that this information is false, please let me know. Meanwhile, I'll continue to cuss him everytime I'm stuck in that traffic mess over there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home