Sunday, August 20, 2006

A political observation

Dear Religious Conservatives in the State Legislature,

I have been working day and night lately, and I today have a real day off. For dinner, I am going to make filet mignon with sweet and new potatoes broiled in olive oil with fresh rosemary, and steamed green vegetables of some kind, probably brocolli and baby carrots. Maybe some garlic bread and a green salad, too. It is going to be a leisurely and delicious meal.

Now, we all know that there is a nod and a wink when it comes to the separation of church and state. I will gladly give you prayer in school or the Ten Commandments in the courthouse if you will allow me, a taxpaying citizen of legal drinking age, to go buy a fucking bottle of cabernet to go with this meal on this fine Sunday evening.

Thank you,

Knuck L. Head,
Occasional Oenophile

5 Comments:

At 7:28 PM , Blogger Sarcastro said...

Amen. Tell it, brother.

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger Newscoma said...

Absolutely.

 
At 2:27 AM , Blogger Kat Coble said...

Can you please add a P.S. that states that it won't kill people to be able to buy their wine and beer in the same place?

Cause I swear I hate making a special damn trip to the Secret Halls Of Wine when I spent the first 18 years of my life able to get it in the damned grocery store.

Well, not ME technically. But any of-age Hoosier.

 
At 11:40 PM , Blogger chez bez said...

I have recently befriended a beautiful woman from Finland. Explaining our liquor laws to her just makes me sad. I'm preaching to the choir here when I say that it makes no sense.

Of course, the point of my comment is that I hang out with a beautiful woman from Finland. ;)

 
At 5:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ironically enough, years ago, Berry Hill Liquors sold on Sunday. I haven't lived in that area for awhile, don't know if still is the case

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home