Sunday, August 20, 2006

Apolitical observation

I've mentioned several times that I don't get political here. So I'm going to continue that tradition by making a non-political observation.

When I turned on the TV this morning, it was on one of those Sunday news shows, because it was on the same channel that had that miserable pre-season Jay Cutler fest that was on when I went to sleep last night.

So there was George Stephanapalapalanouapolous and John Kerry, whose height to width ratio of his head is rivaled only by Randy Travis. They played a sound byte of W, and his disappointment of the Supreme Court ruling that spying on folks without a warrant is unconstitutional. Ol' W mentioned several times that "we are at war," and there are certain actions that must be taken when "we are at war."

Uh, I remember from seventh grade that war can only be declared by Congress. Did I miss that day in this whole Iraq thing?

1 Comments:

At 2:25 AM , Blogger Kat Coble said...

While not outright declaring war, Congress has on many occasions authorised military engagements. Iraq is a Congressionally authorised military engagement pursuant to H.J. Resolution 114, passed October 16, 2002.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home