Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pain in the Ass.

Exador and I are leading parallel lives. About three weeks ago, I ripped apart my back. The pain was going down my leg, my foot was in excruciating pain and I had a literal pain in the ass so severe that I couldn't sit.

There are a lot of activities that require sitting. I live five minutes from work. I was having to stop three or four times in the morning driving to work because it felt like someone was stabbing me in the ankle when I pressed on the gas.

I have had back problems my whole adult life, and if it gets bad, I try a chiropractor first, because doctors bring up surgery within five minutes of being in their office. So I have a customer who is a chiropractor just down the street. I hobbled in to see him and he asked me a bunch of questions and ran some tests. One question he asked me was if I had any changes in my bowel movements. I said, "well, I am unable to sit down without experiencing agonizing pain, so what do you think?"

So he's been cracking my bones everyday for a couple of weeks. I can now sit and the pain is gradually subsiding. I still have severe ankle pain because I rolled it three times while it was numb and injured it, and my calf is numb and my foot is splayed to the side and I can't wiggle my toes and my right ass cheek sometimes feels like it is on fire, but it is getting a lot better.

Exador had a commenter come by and tell him to lay off the gin, that it is dangerous. I couldn't agree more. Listen Ex, bourbon is the self-medicating elixir of choice for back pain. Everybody knows that.

2 Comments:

At 1:07 AM , Blogger chez bez said...

Sorry to hear of the pain. I deal with it at a minor level but it's always with me to some extent.

So, uh...got any leftover gin?

 
At 9:09 AM , Blogger Exador said...

Apparently, it's an epidemic. I just received a vitriol-laden message on my cellphone from Sarcastro. He threw out his back as well.

Drink Up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home