Friday, January 06, 2006

A Real Prince Charming

I met a drummer once who had just come off a year-long contract working at Disney. In the "middle class" working musician world of Theme Parks, Cruise Ships, Ice Capades, and Circuses, Disney had quite a reputation. The auditions were said to be brutal because of their demand for an ultra-high level of musicianship and professionalism. Word was, there were very strict rules regarding scheduling, appearance, hair length, etc. I asked this guy what it was like. He summed up his entire experience in three beautiful, magical words, that filled me with joy, wonder, and more than a little envy. In one brief moment, he let me know that he had lived a dream that I didn't even know could be lived, one that I'm sure gives him a sense of fullfillment to this very day. He looked at me and said, very matter-of-factly, "I fucked Cinderella."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home