Sunday, December 10, 2006

Jim Dandy to the Rescue

If you have been reading my crap for a while, you are probably aware that I used to be a professional musician. People in Nashville know me as a bass player. People I knew in Texas knew me as a drummer. A little while ago (about 20 years) my band, The Cartoons, opened some shows for Black Oak Arkansas. They were already has-beens at the time. We were backstage, getting ready to go on, and a big, white, two-door Cadillac Coup de Ville pulled up. The entire band and all their respective groupies came pouring out of the Caddy. Very Spinal Tap-esque. Later, Jim Dandy was seen getting a blow job in the bushes behind the stage. Here is a pic of me on that fateful night. Please notice the two-tone pants of our bass player, Tom Lilly, (far left) who is now in LA continuing his life as a rock star.

Those are the same drums that now sit idly in my front room.

3 Comments:

At 7:14 AM , Blogger Sarcastro said...

Nice headband.

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger ceeelcee said...

I'm aghast.

Is the Hispanic guitar player with the rooster mullet a dwarf or is he 200 feet away from you on stage?

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger Nashville Knucklehead said...

Damn right that's a headband. ROCKING the 80s!

The guitar player is actually a half-Korean/half-American G.I. Elvis wannabee who was adopted and raised in Louisiana. He's not really very tall without the hair.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home