Friday, October 12, 2007

Phone love

I got me a shiny new job last month. I'm a VP at an ad agency. The President and one of our Account Executives and I made a successful conversion of a potential client into a new client the other night by using that tried and true method used throughout advertising history, many bottles of expensive red wines and many plates full of expensive red meats.

I've been meaning to get a new work cell phone for this job, and the other night the discussion turned to the new client's iPhone. (For the uninitiated, ad agency folks live and die over having the newest, hippest stuff that Apple puts out.) He said, "You're at an agency, you gotta get an iPhone." So I did. Yesterday. Take that.

And now, for no particular reason, other than the fact that I hardly post here anymore, here is a video of "My Baby Loves Lovin'" by one-hit-wonder White Plains. Not to be confused with The White Stripes. It was one of the first records I remember buying. I was probably six or seven. I probably still have it somewhere. I can still picture the label. Of course, at age seven, I didn't realize that "My Baby Loves Lovin'" is pop-music code for "I have a really horny new girlfriend."

3 Comments:

At 12:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new job sounds fantastico.

The iPhone...sounds like I'm jealous.

 
At 11:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news about the job, and, the phone, too, for that matter.

If you get bored with it, I'll take it off your hands.

The phone. Not the job.

 
At 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot woot baby! Show 'em how!

Congratulations.

And what is this iPhone of which you speak?

Heh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home