Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sometimes we get it right

The Ghost Ballet is up on the East Bank. After making fun of it for a year or so, now that it is up, I don't hate it. In fact, I like it. I didn't realize that it was going to loom over the terminus of Broadway as you come over the hill. That is pretty cool. (Although, while discussing options on where to take a blind date in Nashville the other day, a woman actually said, "When are they going to open that roller coaster they're building downtown?") I think it will grow on us as a city. I'm also glad it isn't a big guitar, which was one of the finalists in the sculpture submission process. At least the Ghost Ballet doesn't say, "Nashville - still a town full of redneck, boot-scootin' sexy-tractor-lovin' hayseed rednecks!"

But there is a new billboard in town that I think helps to dispel that image beautifully. It is a photo of Todzilla from the funk band Jones World, welcoming the world to Music Row. I don't know who put that up, and who is paying for it, but I want to personally thank them for not having a guy wearing a cowboy hat in the picture. I know Toddzilla, I love his band, and I love how the billboard says "Music Row - we ain't just Country and Western no more!"

1 Comments:

At 5:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toddzilla does rule.

saraclark

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home