Monday, December 25, 2006

Nightmare Before Christmas

Here's how it works at my house. My five-year-old little girls falls asleep on the couch in front of a football game, then I carry her to bed where she stays until morning. That's exactly what happened last night. So after I put her to bed, I went out back to carry the Santa stuff in. I'm walking in through the den and there she is, awake, sitting on the couch. I keep walking with the toys into the front room where the tree is, hoping she didn't notice. I go back in with a "what are you doing up?" She says nothing about the toys, just "I want you to come to bed with me." I'm pretty sure I got away with it.

This morning:

"Hey, look what Santa brought you!"

"I saw you carrying those boxes in last night."

"Uh . . . Santa left that stuff out back because we don't have a chimney."

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM , Blogger Lynnster said...

Good save, man, good save!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home