Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Fat Elvis

See that picture over there on the right? The Elvis one? If you are using a feed, you're going to have to come see me. It's my profile picture. I'm going to tell you about it, because I'm getting bored with it and I might change it soon.

That picture is from Halloween, two years ago, when I was living in America's lowest circle of hell, South Florida.

My brother-in-law had purchased that Elvis suit the year before for Halloween. The next year I used it. I won third place at a huge costume contest at a bar in Delray Beach. There were several reasons that aren't apparent from the picture why I did so well.

First, I can sing like a passable Elvis impersonator, so I was going around playing guitar and singing Elvis songs to people. Second, I had stuffed the belly aqnd the ass of the suit with as many pillows as I could fit. You can't tell from the picture, but I was huge. I'll admit to stealing the idea from my friend Gary, who I played with for years, who has a Fat Elvis routine for which he is paid handsomely. His costume was custom made. I just did the best I could. Third, I went out and bought a box of jelly doughnuts and stuck them to the top of the guitar. Jelly doughnuts on the guitar. Heh. I still think that's funny.

Thankyaverymuch.

2 Comments:

At 12:10 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

Gotta tell you, I laughed at the LHO pic everytime I visited (yeah, as per usual, I was late to the table). It just seemed to work perfectly for your site. The Dead Kennedys moniker in the background just kills me.

But that's just me.

Ryan

 
At 7:05 AM , Blogger bridgett said...

It took me about five looks at that picture to notice the box of jelly donuts. And then I laughed myself nearly incontinent.

I imagine you singing "Are You Lonely Tonight" with a little bit of powdered sugar on your trembling upper lip.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home