Wednesday, September 07, 2005

My House, Katrina and God

I have called a friend who is originally from Shreveport to see if he knew anyone who needed a place to stay after the hurricane. He has a couple of friends who may end up here, and said he'd let me know. Why don't I post on one of the housing boards? I'm not a good enough person. I have a four year old daughter, and I am willing to put some people in her room for a while until they can get back to rebuild their homes. I would prefer a friend of a friend. That's about as good as I can get. The process of posting my house on a message board seems a little too random. I fear that I will be the one who gets the psycopath who is really local, but just doesn't want to pay rent anymore and eventually refuses to leave. And realistically, I am not in a position to support someone who decides to completely start over with nothing here in Nashville. I am still in that process myself. Perhaps if I were childless, I wouldn't be so defensive. Hopefully I can find someone to help.

There is a lot of talk, as is the case when this kind of devastation occurs, asking "how can God let this happen?" My theory is very simple: God does not micro-manage. He didn't "send" a storm to demolish New Orleans, anymore than he "sent" Jean Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville to found the city 300 years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home